|Photo Credit: James Gaither|
- Several kinds of South African restios, including the very hard to germinate Cannomois virgata, a lovely, tall, reed-like plant.
- A gorgeous selection of tropical vireya rhododendrons. SFBG is one of only a few nurseries that grow them.
- Many rare hellebores, including Helleborus foetidus, a hard to find winter blooming evergreen.
- 250 kinds of native plants, including Matilija poppies, native irises, up to 20 kinds of Ceanothus (wild lilac), and more.
- Unusual perennial vegetable starts from the Andes, including oca and yacón.
- Lots of stunning, flowering shrubs, including species of Leucadendron, whose cut flowers can cost anywhere from $7-10 each.